How to Install Gobot on your Drupal 7 Site
Gobot can work on all websites. Follow the steps below to get Gobot running on your Drupal 7 site in two steps.
1. Create a bot
The first step is to create your bot and retrieve its embed code. In Gobot, after clicking Publish and then Instal Gobot, you click Copy to clipboard to copy your embed code. See the section focused on publishing of this Gobot guide if you require step-by-step instructions.
2. Paste embed code into a custom block in your Drupal 7 site
The second step is to add the Gobot embed code you just copied to your Drupal 7 site.
Head on over to Drupal.com and login into your admin account. Select Structure from you admin menu.
This link will load a modal window with several options, select Blocks.
On the next screen, select Add block to begin.
On the Add Block screen complete the following steps:
- Enter a Block description (e.g., Gobot) to easily identify from the admin panel.
- Paste the Gobot embed code you copied earlier into the Block body field.
- Select Full HTML from the text format dropdown menu.
- In the Region Settings section, select footer from the theme dropdown.
- (Optional) You can control the Visibility of your campaign based on page, content type and even user.
- Finally, select the Save block button.
After saving, you’ll be returned to the list view of your Drupal site’s Blocks. If you scroll down to the Footer section you’ll see your new block. If you need to modify the settings at any time you can do so by selecting the Configure link.
Your Gobot is now officially connected to Drupal 7! Go back to the Gobot tab in your browser, click on one of the pre-built bots in the left hand panel (chosen for you based on the goal you indicated in the signup process) or script your bot from scratch, and then click Publish and make live. Next time you visit your Drupal 7 site your new bot will welcome you!
Copyright 2017, Gobot LLC, All rights reserved.